[MOBY-dev] Conceptual doubt about datatypes representationinresquests/responses

Iván Párraga García ivanp at mmb.pcb.ub.es
Fri May 18 13:34:23 UTC 2007

Hi,

I prefer your approach Martin, although I saw some examples that made me
think that the behavior stated by Paul was the expected one.

Sincerely, I don't see the need to send no necessary data. At the end,
an empty XML tag or a non-existent one will produce a "null" value, when
trying to retrieve it, won't it? Furthermore, I have some of my services
in mind with "HAS" relations and a big amount of instances related to a
container and these instances have only relevant values for half of the
attributes. This situation produces a big amount of unnecessary data
transfer over the net...

If I could vote, no doubt I would agree with Martin (I don't see exactly
what is the advantage of the other approach).

Iván Párraga García
Computer Scientist
Molecular Modelling & Bioinformatics Unit
INB - Instituto Nacional de Bioinformática
Josep Samitier 1-5
08028 Barcelona
Spain
tel.: +34 93 403 71 55