[MOBY-dev] The Moby 1.0 paper authorship

mark wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Fri Mar 9 01:44:07 UTC 2007

Hi all moby dev'ers!

I'm just doing the final edit of the moby 1.0 manuscript - I'll commit it to the CVS (as a PDF) in a day or two for comment from you all.  The target journal is PLoS Computational Biology (unless anyone can suggest a better open-access forum for this work?)

My question to you is regarding authorship.  Almost everyone on this list is a co-author.  Would you prefer to be individually named (as was done with the 1.0 release of BioPerl) or would you prefer to be called "The BioMoby Consortium" (as was done for the Gene Ontology's Nature paper)?

I'm ambivalent, so if the wider community has any preference please let me know.

Cheers all!

Mark

--
Mark Wilkinson