[MOBY-dev] parameter name should not be namespace qualified

Dmitry Repchevsky dmitry.repchevski at bsc.es
Tue Jul 31 14:56:16 UTC 2007

Hello!

I found the strange thing with Axis (tried v1.2.1 and 1.4). It puts a
namespace onto a parameter.

<ns1:getEntryFromPDB
xmlns:ns1="http://biomoby.org/">
      <*ns1:*arg0
xsi:type="soapenc:string">

According guys from JBoss team this goes against the specification -
they look for the parameter without any namespace so the service fails
by not finding it.
Guys from GlassFish also follows the same rule.

I'm not sure does it matter now when we suppose to move into doc/literal
encoding (away from axis)...
Axis used to be very relaxed to the errors. For example it can call the
service even if the parameter name doesn't match.
I mean that perl client calls the request parameter "data", but
DashBoard "arg0"...

The question is can namespace for parameters be fixed easy?

Dmitry