[MOBY-dev] Using CentralDigestCachedImpl....

Paul Gordon gordonp at ucalgary.ca
Wed Dec 19 17:04:28 UTC 2007

Hi Ola,

This is still on the "to do" list, as we don't yet have unit tests to
make sure the integration is backward compatible.  We'll let you know as
soon as its done.  Once again, if you are using org.biomoby.shared.data,
this is primarily for elegance, not performance, as CentralImpls and the
MobyDataType/MobyNamespace/MobyServiceType classes are caching different
kinds of information generally.

Regards,

Paul

Ola Spjuth wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What is the status of the CentralDigestCachedImpl? What does it cache
> now and what is cached using the RegistryCache? If I use
> MobyServiceType.loadServiceTypes(serviceTypesDefURL, mobyRegistry); to
> cache service types, how does this relate to the
> CentralDigestCachedImpl? There were talks of simplifying this process
> and I'm sorry if I have missed something on the list regarding this.
>
> Thanks,
>
>    .../Ola
>

> On Dec 5, 2007, at 18:35 , Paul Gordon wrote:
>
>> Hi Andreas,
>>
>> I just simplified it a bit, so it's two lines (and should not be garbled
>> in split lines the e-mail)
>>> Registry registry = new Registry("calgary",
>>> "http://moby.ucalgary.ca/moby/MOBY-Central.pl",
>>> "http://moby.ucalgary.ca/MOBY/Central");
>>> MobyDataType.loadDataTypes(RegistryCache.cacheOntologyFile(registry,
>>> Central.DATA_TYPES_RESOURCE_NAME, allowedAgeMillis).toURI().toURL(),