[MOBY-dev] Fixing local RDF metadata

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Mon Dec 17 21:50:42 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I noticed a little while ago that Moby Central is including the isAlive
tag in the metadata that it presents to the service provider when they
register their service.  This is bad!  The service provider is not
supposed to know if their service is alive or not (from the perspective of
the Registry) so they shouldn't have that tag in their metadata.

Eddie has just fixed the Moby Central code so that it doesn't do this
anymore, but in order to fix your metadata you would need to remove the
isAlive tag from each of your service instances.

I did that using a perl in-place edit as follows:

  perl -pi.bak -e "s/<mygrid:isAlive>\w+<\/mygrid:isAlive>//g" *.rdf

It's probably worth doing, so that your local metadata doesn't over-rule
what the registry says the alive/dead state of your service is.

Cheers!

Mark Wilkinson
Assistant Professor, Dept. Medical Genetics
University of British Columbia
PI Bioinformatics
iCAPTURE Centre, St. Paul's Hospital
Tel:  604 682 2344 x62129
Fax:  604 806 9274

***CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE***
This electronic message is intended only for the use of the addressee and
may contain information that is privileged and confidential.  Any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication by
unauthorized individuals is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply
e-mail and delete the original and all copies from your system.