[MOBY-dev] Paging mechanism

Javier de la Torre jatorre at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 09:54:39 UTC 2006

Hi Martin,

Would be nice. For the time being I have created a new service type
under Retrieval called TapirProvider and I will register all my
services with this service type. All of them will support he paging
mechanism.
I think we need a better name for this than TapirProvider, but couldnt
think of anything better.

Here is the description for this Service Type:
----
TAPIR providers are normally biological collection databases. The most
common operation is to retrieve data from them to be used in analysis.
They always implement two secondary inputs, a start and next parameter
to do paging. Please read
http://trac.pywrapper.org/pywrapper/wiki/BioMOBYSupport
---
At least if you are constructing a client to query all these services
that support paging you know hot to get to them.

If you dont mind I have changed the parameter names to start and next
so that it fits with the TAPIR specifications.

Javier.