[MOBY-dev] [personal] Re: [moby] Re: RDF deregistration

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Wed Oct 4 14:59:56 UTC 2006

I think those are slightly different scenario's.  I didn't ask the agent
to come, I simply moved my RDF file to see if it would notice (and it
did).  I believe that if I ask the agent to come, it does come
immediately... though I agree that it would be a more useful behaviour if
an explicit agent call waited until the agent had finished its task and
returned an informative message, versus the "you have successfully
launched the agent" message you get currently.

On Wed, 04 Oct 2006 07:48:38 -0700, Martin Senger
<martin.senger at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I can confirm that I got a deregistration email
>

> This is one of the agent problems - I have discussed it yesterday with
> Eddie. If I call an agent to come, it should come at once and my call
> should
> wait until the agent finishes his journey and my call should get back a
> message about it. The email is something that can be used also, but
> primarily I would expect synchronous behaviour first. Eddie seems to
> agree
> with that - and the only reason why it does not work yet like this is
> that
> he is investigating some behaviour of the perl 'sytem()' call... (AFAIK).
>
> Martin

Mark Wilkinson
Assistant Professor, Dept. Medical Genetics
University of British Columbia
PI Bioinformatics
iCAPTURE Centre, St. Paul's Hospital