[MOBY-dev] Data comrpession specs

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Tue May 23 14:28:07 UTC 2006

> Is there a document that describes the moby specs for data comrpession ?

   I am not aware of any such document.
   My understanding is that you can still use compression on the transport
protocol level. Biomoby messages between clients and services use HTTP
protocol - which can support compression (I think it is called 'content
encoding' in the HTTP 1.1 specification). There are also SOAP extensions
about compression (I believe). But so far, there was not much efforts to
really use it within biomoby (I know that jMoby part of Biomoby has this
issues on its TODO list for long long time).

   Regards,

   email: martin.senger at gmail.com