[MOBY-dev] RFC: jMoby will start using Java 1.5. from June 30, 2006

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Tue May 2 16:37:14 UTC 2006

> To quote myself from taverna-hackers list following Eddie's request there:

   I am aware of your reply. But it is not clear what you mean by it. I
looked into the page you refer to, and it did not tell me much. Sorry.

> We are aware that jMoby will switch to java 1.5, and it is one of our
> arguments against ourself on why we should switch to java 1.5 as a whole.

   This is the sentence that my English is too weak to comprehend.

> Will the old jmoby.jar stop working?

   Old jmoby.jar will never stop working. It is working now under 1.5.
fine. The problem is that we are suggesting to replace it by a *new*
jmoby.jar (which will have some methods that are only available with Java
1.5).

   email: martin.senger at gmail.com