[MOBY-dev] Versioning of LSID's + vote on RFC 1913 & 1914

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Sat Jan 28 04:11:32 UTC 2006

I still don't see how the "ms since epoch" option tells us the
time-zone... is there a formal way to express this in that string?

...but I also don't see why it is *critical* to know this at all...  I
guess, formally, if we are going to record time, then we should record it
as accurately as possible; however what we are really trying to do here is
generate a unique string, not record time...