[MOBY-dev] Versioning of LSID's + vote on RFC 1913 & 1914

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Fri Jan 27 16:03:13 UTC 2006

A question for Martin - does the "milliseconds since epoch" number tell us
which time zone the milliseconds were measured in?

If not, then the discussion is somewhat moot...  All we're trying to
generate is a unique string.  If that unique string has some interpretable
value, then maybe we gain something, maybe not (but we shouldn't be coding
as if it did either way, since we're not supposed to interpret LSID fields)