[MOBY-dev] new article in jMoby docs

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Oct 19 09:04:17 UTC 2005

> Ooops, that link fails. Looks like it's running on a *n*x machine
> where Capitals make a difference. Try
> http://biomoby.org/moby-live/Java/docs
> instead :).

   My typo; thanks for correcting my email.

> One small comment. The info in that document on how to add a
> scavanger for a BioMOBY Central is outdated. Furthermore if you want
> to use a custom / local BioMOBY Central you'll have to install some
> additional servlets that Eddie created.

   Well, this is not a small comment. I hoped that this docs covered
everything needed. I must admit that Tom (Oinn) had warned me (the last
time as I have spoken with him) that the moby-taverna docs is not fully
"in the shape" - but I thought that this nice Eddie's guide solved it.
Perhaps, Eddie will update his guide by the missing pieces. I think that
important is that we have now a place (a page) that is visible for the
jMoby developers (and users) and that can be easily updated.

> I wrote a doc on how to get a local Taverna-1.3-compatible BioMOBY
> Central up and running. It's in ~moby-live/Docs/Central/ , but as far
> as I know this hasn't made it onto the old nor onto the new website
> yet... moby-live at biomoby.org is all about moby, but it isn't that
> live :)

   The jMoby pages are quite active/live (even though not too many authors
there - just four of us: Paul, Eddie, Ben and me). If you have a jMoby
(Java) related piece of documentation you may consider to add it to
moby-live/Java/docs, and to link it from index.html there. It would be
great to have more contributors.

   email: martin.senger at gmail.com
   skype: martinsenger
consulting for:
   International Rice Research Institute
   Biometrics and Bioinformatics Unit
   DAPO BOX 7777, Metro Manila
   Philippines, phone: +63-2-580-5600 (ext.2324)