[MOBY-dev] new article in jMoby docs

Pieter Neerincx Pieter.Neerincx at wur.nl
Wed Oct 19 08:50:06 UTC 2005

On 19-Oct-2005, at 12:32 AM, Martin Senger wrote:

> Eddie wrote a new article/guide about biomoby in Taverna. You can
> read it
> in usual place http://biomoby.org/moby-live/java/docs.

Ooops, that link fails. Looks like it's running on a *n*x machine
where Capitals make a difference. Try
http://biomoby.org/moby-live/Java/docs
instead :).

> The link is named
> "How to use BioMoby plugin in Taverna". Thanks, Eddie!

One small comment. The info in that document on how to add a
scavanger for a BioMOBY Central is outdated. Furthermore if you want
to use a custom / local BioMOBY Central you'll have to install some
additional servlets that Eddie created. I wrote a doc on how to get a
local Taverna-1.3-compatible BioMOBY Central up and running. It's in
~moby-live/Docs/Central/ , but as far as I know this hasn't made it
onto the old nor onto the new website yet... moby-live at biomoby.org
is all about moby, but it isn't that live :)

Cheers,

Pieter

>    Martin
>
> --
> Martin Senger
>    email: martin.senger at gmail.com
>    skype: martinsenger
> consulting for:
>    International Rice Research Institute
>    Biometrics and Bioinformatics Unit
>    DAPO BOX 7777, Metro Manila
>    Philippines, phone: +63-2-580-5600 (ext.2324)

Wageningen University and Research centre (WUR)
Laboratory of Bioinformatics
Transitorium (building 312) room 1034
Dreijenlaan 3
6703 HA Wageningen