[MOBY-dev] Migrating MOBY Central to the new object API - MONDAY OCT 24th

Pieter Neerincx Pieter.Neerincx at wur.nl
Tue Oct 18 21:53:16 UTC 2005

On  18Oct2005, at 22:49, Mark Wilkinson wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Eddie and I have been discussing the object ontology migration now
> that
> we are not allowing inheritance from primitives.  No matter what we do
> this will break some services, and though I was originally hoping to
> soften the blow by having a deprecation period, the amount of pain
> this
> causes (i.e. everyone having to edit and re-register their services
> TWICE!) is just inhumane :-)
>
> So... I am sure that some of you will cheer this decision,

Well usually we have drinks on friday afternoon after work, but it
looks we'll have to start next week with a small party :). Changing
my services was easy, but starting up my brain on tuesday might be a
tough one...

> and others
> will loathe it... we're going to simply migrate the object ontology
> (in
> the public MOBY Central here at iCAPTURE) with **no deprecation period
> at all**.

> Any objections?  (don't all yell at once ;-) )

NO!

> Cheers!
>
> Mark

Cheers,

Pieter

> --
> "Ontologists do it with the edges!"
>
> Mark Wilkinson
> Asst. Professor
> Dept. of Medical Genetics
> University of British Columbia
> PI in Bioinformatics
> iCAPTURE Centre
> St. Paul's Hospital
> Rm. 166, 1081 Burrard St.
> Vancouver, BC, V6Z 1Y6
> tel: 604 682 2344 x62129
> fax: 604 806 9274

Wageningen University and Research centre (WUR)
Laboratory of Bioinformatics
Transitorium (building 312) room 1038
Dreijenlaan 3
6703 HA Wageningen