[moby] Re: [MOBY-dev] Migration of database to new API

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Sun Oct 9 21:48:44 UTC 2005

> Just to get this started, I am still pretty iffy about
> leaving x_2 data types in the ontology. I do see Marks point
> on how services that are not updated choking since they
> expect the data type to inherit from a primitive. Any ideas?

   As I said before I would suggest:
   - do not use any automatic script
   - tell people that after 6 weeks the deprecented data objects will be
deleted (together with the services that still use them)
   - optionally: write a document to advise what people with affected data
types types should do (e.g. help them by removing Signature URLs from such
services so they can re-register them again)

   email: martin.senger at gmail.com
   skype: martinsenger
consulting for:
   International Rice Research Institute
   Biometrics and Bioinformatics Unit
   DAPO BOX 7777, Metro Manila
   Philippines, phone: +63-2-580-5600 (ext.2324)