[MOBY-dev] Migration of database to new API

Pieter Neerincx Pieter.Neerincx at wur.nl
Thu Oct 6 15:32:41 UTC 2005

On 27-Aug-2005, at 12:20 AM, Mark Wilkinson wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> As we move toward deploying the new API, there are some serious
> consequences on the underlying databases.
>
> Let me first re-cap the new API features that I am discussing and what
> effects they have on the databases:
>
> 1)  Inheritence from primitives through ISA relationships is no longer
> allowed.  e.g. plain-text ISA String  is no longer allowed.  To
> achieve
> the same result, you now create an object that inherits from Object
> and
> contains the primitive.  e.g. plain-text ISA Object; plain-text HASA
> String.

Hi Mark et al.,

Any idea when this change will happen? If I look in the Central that
is running the latest and greatest codebase, the forbidden ISA [some
primitive] relationships are still in place :(. What is even worse is
that the primitive DateTime ISA String. As a result I can not get one
of my Objects (that plays by the rules of the latest specs)
registered. At least I suspect this to be the problem. I don't get an
error message when register my object, but it has amongst others a
HASA DataTime and that relationship is not getting registered...

Cheers,

Pi

Wageningen University and Research centre (WUR)
Laboratory of Bioinformatics
Transitorium (building 312) room 1034
Dreijenlaan 3
6703 HA Wageningen