[MOBY-dev] java api

mwilkinson mwilkinson at mobile.rogers.com
Sat Feb 19 07:38:30 UTC 2005

Hi Paul, Aloha from Honolulu! (just a stopover on the way to Sydney, unfortunately...)

Thanks for the offer of your time in doing some java code merging!

I had planned to write a message to the group shortly in this regard, so now seems a good moment to do so :-). It seems to me that Eddie is a good choice for the person who makes the final decisions for the moby java codebase structure if only because he is currently employed to do java moby 100% of his time.  This doesn't mean that he wouldn't discuss it with everyone else, just that he would take the time (and responsibility) for taking the "best of the best" code and consolidating it into a unified API.

I was thinking that the next moby meeting (May) would be a good time to talk about this face-to-face and make sure everyone knows the strengths and limitations of each others code.

Na?  Opinions?