[MOBY-dev] BioMOBY developers meeting pre-announcement

Twigger Simon simont at mcw.edu
Tue Feb 15 04:03:15 UTC 2005

Hi Mark,

Sign me up, the 7/8th of May look good and Im willing to go to a blow
out meeting or a normal one. :) We are working on some java axis
libraries to make Java services easier to create. We have prototype
code in place at the moment but have just brought on board a java guru
so Im having him look things over and give his blessing before we
inflict them on the world. If we have an agenda for the potential
implementers meeting I'd like to see if I can interest a few more
people. We see a lot of promise in web services in general and MOBY in
particular and Im hoping I can get some more of our teams to buy in,
particularly when they see that their data can be made available via
Taverna, etc. for free. Any guesstimates of the costs when you have
some idea would be welcome so I can see who I can afford to bring
along.

There is an increasing interest in developing ontologies, addressing
datasharing, etc. in the cardiovascular arena here in the US and I
would also be interested in chatting with you some more about your
plans for CardioSHARE and how we might align our work at MCW to achieve
this common goal.

Cheers,

	Simon.