[MOBY-dev] question to ask

Chunyan Wang wangch at cpsc.ucalgary.ca
Fri Aug 26 15:55:03 UTC 2005

Thanks, Martin.
You said you tried the same service, which service? Is that search_Pfam?
This service is tested with up to 800 sequences; it worked fine by using
command line, but not from the MOBY Browser (works fine with one
sequence). Actually, this is another big problem I have right now. The
another problem is : When a user submits a request to one of our
services from the MOBY Browser, if our server is busy and the request
needs to take more than a few minutes to finish, then the service gets
timeout.
For our services, we need them to be able to take mutiple input
sequences (maybe up to 5000 sequences) and  input with seconary input.
I am not sure what these problems are. But I will look into them. If
anyone can give me suggestions, please let me know. Thanks.

Joyce