[MOBY-dev] getting RDF from BioMoby

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Thu Sep 23 10:41:34 UTC 2004

Hi Martin,

This part of the system (I wouldn't call it part of the API yet :-) ) is
not at all stable, but once people start using it I will be forced to
make some hard decisions and make it stable, so... let's keep working
through these issues :-)

The code is pretty tightly connected to the main public registry, though
it could be made more generic if necessary.  At the moment it gets its
Objects, Namespaces, and Services definitions from a very simple and
fast CGI that outputs tab-delimited text from direct database calls.
This would have to be changed to be useful to other registries.
ServiceInstances come from a call to MOBY::Client::Central, so that is
less of a problem (you can set the URL of your desired registry in the
constructor for that object).  I could re-write it to use
MOBY::Client::Central for all of these calls, but it significantly slows
it down...  As I say, if it is important to make this script more
generic I can do so quite easily.

The URL you are looking for is:  http://biomoby.org/RESOURCES/MOBY-S/FULL

I haven't written the subroutine that generates the RDF for predicates yet.

Interesting that the server is unhappy if you don't add extra path
info... it should "die" in that case and send back an error...???

Thanks for your warm thoughts - it's a bit chilly here in the mountains
:-)  Gorgeous, but chilly...