[MOBY-dev] URGENT: Attention ALL SERVICE PROVIDERS

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Sep 21 11:02:34 UTC 2004

Mark,
   I found the agent's behaviour description slightly inconsistent in one
place (perhaps agent is not inconsistent, perhaps it is only the
description, I have not tested the agent itself):

> The agent runs on a cron, and behaves as follows:
> 3)  If it doesn't find a valid RDF file there, then it flags an error;
> after a certain number of errors your service(s) will be deregistered.
> 5)  If it expects to find a service signature in this RDF, and can't
> find it, it concludes that the service has been taken off-line, and it
> will de-register that service.

   So: if there is no file at all, it will try several times before
de-registering the service. But if there is any RDF file but without my
service, it will de-register it immediatelly. Why does it not behave the
same in these two cases? In reality, it would mean slightly different
behaviour when I am adding my first service (so the RDF file with all my
services does not exist yes) and when I am adding the second and more
services (when the RDF file exists - havig my previous services - but it
still does not have my last one).

   Regards,

EMBL Outstation - Hinxton                Senger at EBI.ac.uk
European Bioinformatics Institute        Phone: (+44) 1223 494636
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus             (Switchboard:     494444)
Hinxton                                  Fax  : (+44) 1223 494468
Cambridge CB10 1SD
United Kingdom                           http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/~senger