[MISC] [MOBY-dev] Java developers, let's talk together

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Sep 16 22:56:12 UTC 2004

> Eddie's package names are my fault.

   Actually, there was no fault, at all. I was just trying to start
discussion :-)
   And I will continue, especially with the most important topic, pointed
out by Paul G., how to make sure that users of Java libraries always know
what put on their claspath when they use several libraries from several
authors. I have to sleep on that... (because put everything
third-party libs into one shared directory can lead to the versioning
problem).

> You should perhaps work out with him directly where they fit best, and
> we can make the changes and re-commit.

   Yes, we are in touch...

   Regards,

EMBL Outstation - Hinxton                Senger at EBI.ac.uk
European Bioinformatics Institute        Phone: (+44) 1223 494636
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus             (Switchboard:     494444)
Hinxton                                  Fax  : (+44) 1223 494468
Cambridge CB10 1SD
United Kingdom                           http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/~senger