[MOBY-dev] Problems testing a newly created MOBY Central (+ Fix)

José María Fernández González jmfernandez at cnb.uam.es
Wed Sep 1 19:00:02 UTC 2004

Hi everybody,
	soon I'm going to give a practical seminar about MOBY, and I'm creating
a local MOBY Central for the practices. This is not my first time
creating a MOBY Central (I created one 9 months ago), but last version
in CVS seems to have problems.

	First of all, intructions in

http://www.biomoby.org/InstallingMOBYCentral.html

should be updated, because last RDF changes in MOBY require RDF::Core
Perl library as a pre-requisite before running a MOBY Central (and
perhaps a the other libraries??).

	The problem I have found is the next: I ran the
testMOBYClientCentral_v05.pl script in order to check if the
installation was correct. First try failed in the first test due the
lack of RDF::Core. The second try (after installing RDF::Core) seemed to
run well until it failed in the 18th one, which corresponds to
registerService. Next lines are from the Apache error log:

[Wed Sep 01 19:24:13 2004] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Useless use of
hash element in void context at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/RDF/Core/Serializer.pm line 52.
[Wed Sep 01 19:24:13 2004] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] DBD::mysql::db
selectrow_array failed: Unknown column 'signatureURL' in 'field list' at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/MOBY/Adaptor/moby/queryapi/mysql.pm line
172, <IN> line 34

	I have dug inside the referenced file told by the error message, and it
is a query to the tables service_instance and authority from mobycentral
database. It seems the signatureURL column should exist in
service_instance table, and so moby database skeletons in CVS should be
updated.

	What data type should have that column, Mark? I have created it as a
VARCHAR(255), and now it works.

	Last, moby database skeletons (ie mysql dumps) in CVS should also be
updated in order to reflect the last small change Mark told us about the
datatype of maximum_value and minimum_value.

	Best Regards,
		José María

José María Fernández González		e-mail: jmfernandez at cnb.uam.es
Tlfn:	(+34) 91 585 46 69		Fax:	(+34) 91 585 45 06
Grupo de Diseño de Proteinas		Protein Design Group
Centro Nacional de Biotecnología	National Center of Biotechnology
C.P.: 28049				Zip Code: 28049
C/. Darwin nº 3 (Campus Cantoblanco, U. Autónoma), Madrid (Spain)