[MOBY-dev] Re: [MISC] CommonSubs.pm

mwilkinson mwilkinson at mobile.rogers.com
Wed Jun 16 21:52:37 UTC 2004

Oh, I dunno Simon... But thanks for your (misplaced) faith :-)

There were a couple of hours a few days ago where I broke things badly!  Hence my impetus to finally set up a development server in Halifax.

However, you are right - I am trying to be much more careful now that we have so many users.  Generally I install the changes on my local server first and run the test suites.  From now on I will install it remotely on the dev server and test it there as well before finally committing it to the production registry!!

It's a dangerous time code-wise, as I am now going through the entire codebase and rearranging it to reflect a better architecture and design philosophy (to actually *have* a design philosophy, for a start ;-) ).  There's a lot of opportunity for error in there, but hopefully the code will become easier to maintain/extend once it's done.

Cheers all!  I'm off to Winnipeg (the belly-button of Canada) to teach bioperl-for-newbies for a few days, so I'll be out of touch until Monday.

Martin, I'll see you in Manila in a couple of weeks - hopefully we can push forward the CGIAR MOBY plans there!  ...exciting times!!!!