[MOBY-dev] the rate of growth of MOBY

Mark Wilkinson mwilkinson at mrl.ubc.ca
Thu Jun 3 19:38:53 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I found these statistics quite interesting, so I thought I'd share them:

The total number of hits on the public mobycentral machine (registry,
ontology servers, and my own services) has quadrupled since January, and
the number of calls to the MOBY Central API alone has now reached >40K
per month!

There are a lot of closet MOBYers out there!!  What is reassuring is
that, given our small messages, we have only transferred 1.1Gig since
January, so that leaves a lot of room for expansion :-)

Cheers all!

Mark Wilkinson (mwilkinson at mrl.ubc.ca)
University of British Columbia iCAPTURE Centre