[moby] [MOBY-dev] MOBY Central now breaks Java

Paul Gordon gordonp at cbr.nrc.ca
Thu Dec 16 20:22:43 UTC 2004

Nope, using the main server and it's still broken.  There must be
something about the way Perl sets up a SOAP client request that the
server Perl parser is expecting, but Axis does not provide.  The problem
is not (primarily) that malformed XML is sent back from the server, but
that it does not properly read the input request XML (instead of a
string it tries to parse a hash ref, probably an object handle, at
MOBY::Central.pm line 2277).

This may in fact be a separate issue from the CentralImpl.java problem,
but I can't tell until the response is valid XML (i.e. the default
Apache 500 error page is removed from the response).