[MOBY-dev] Re: [MOBY-l] MOBY Database Dumps - procedure

Brian Gilman gilmanb at genome.wi.mit.edu
Wed Mar 5 20:57:39 UTC 2003

On 3/5/03 3:20 PM, "Mark Wilkinson" <markw at illuminae.com> wrote:

That's great mark!!

    This is a real help!! Unfortunately, I cannot join the conference call
as I have another engagement. I'd love to see the meeting minutes!!

                Best,

                    -B

> On the biomoby website I describe the connection procedure for a
> readonly user through which you can browse the database and make dumps
> (http://biomoby.org/MOBY-Central-Connect.html)  I guess it isn't obvious
> how to find this... it is the last link on the page :-)
>
> Anyway, to make it even easier I have just added a new method to the
> MOBY Central API and Perl client API.  the "DUMP" method will dump out
> the database for you upon request.
>
> use MOBY::Client::Central;
> my $C = MOBY::Client::Central->new();
> print $C->DUMP;
>
> This will get you the current database and schema at any time.

Brian Gilman <gilmanb at genome.wi.mit.edu>
Group Leader Medical & Population Genetics Dept.
MIT/Whitehead Inst. Center for Genome Research
One Kendall Square, Bldg. 300 / Cambridge, MA 02139-1561 USA
phone +1 617  252 1069 / fax +1 617 252 1902