[MOBY-dev] Minutes from confrerence call of April 16

Lincoln Stein lstein at cshl.org
Wed Apr 16 21:12:15 UTC 2003

1. Technical Assessment

Andrew will pull the various technical assessment documents together into an
HTML document and send out to list.  Each individual is responsible for
completing his sections.  Goal is to have a "pretty complete" draft done by
next conference call.

2. Use Case Selection

Lincoln has selected three use cases for implementation in MOBY-S and S-MOBY:

	doBLAST	-- HARD: complex data sets; exercises collections and exceptions
	SNPsForGenes -- MEDIUM: exercises sequence ontology and demands that
		gene identifiers be sorted out
	citationSearch -- EASY: google-like search of citations, but demands
		that representation of all-important citation model be sorted out

The idea would be for each of these three use cases to be implemented in
MOBY-S and S-MOBY.  CSHL will do SNPsForGenes and TAIR will do
citationSearch.  Who volunteers to do doBLAST?

Comments on this section are welcome.

3. I3C meeting

I3C hackathon meeting May 7-9 to implement MOBY-S.  Mark is running. Andrew
may be coming.  Goal is to have a demo for the next general meeting of I3C a
month from the hackathon.

Congratulations to mark on the MOBY-S 0.50 specification!

Lincoln