[MOBY] Re: [MOBY-dev] Service quality and availability data

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Wed Apr 9 15:58:50 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-04-09 at 09:03, Phillip Lord wrote:

> The problem with quality of service data is that it will be different
> for different people. So storing it in moby central may not make
> sense. If you have NCBI, and a 486, generally, the 486, er, sorry NCBI
> is going to be quicker.

Yeah, I'm not tempted to have "quality" of service anywhere near the
registry, but having a thin layer over top of the registry to see how
often one service is selected versus another of the same time might be a
useful piece of information (in the same line as evaluating a manuscript
by its citation index, or evaluating a web page's usefulness by the
number of links to it).