[MOBY-dev] One use case that is an example of a potential avalanche of others...

Andrew D. Farmer adf at ncgr.org
Wed Dec 11 23:49:15 UTC 2002

Hi Mark-
Thanks for this. I certainly don't think we should turn any use case away as
being too "primitive"; anything that represents a real problem for
people trying to get their work done should probably be considered of the
highest value! Besides, I'm fairly confident that even something as
"primitive" as averaging can lead to any number of complicating factors in the
world of bioinformatics ;) Also, as you have observed in the past, it's just
as important at this stage for us to get a handle on what MOBY is not, so
that we can strike the appropriate balance between simplicity and power...

I did get the auto-update use case from CVS; I wonder if it might be more
appropriate to consider that to be an extended "scenario", and to factor
out more atomic use cases that could be considered pieces of functionality
that might be appropriate in multiple contexts? Just a thought, others
may have different opinions...

Andrew Farmer
adf at ncgr.org
(505) 995-4464
Database Administrator/Software Developer
National Center for Genome Resources