[GSoC] 3rd coding week blog post

Ketil Malde ketil at malde.org
Tue Jun 3 11:28:45 UTC 2014

> And yes, I did the plots with this program and the Haskell profiling library :) .

>> This looks very cool so far. Can you point me to the source code for the
>> script transalign_prof, and was that the same program that generated
>> those nice plots on the wiki?

Just to fill in a bit - the memory profiling (i.e. plots) is a feature
of the GHC compiler, which generates executables that can dump run-time
statistics on heap use at various time points to a text file.  Then,
there's a tool (called 'hp2ps') that graphs this.

(The figures on the blog looks slightly different from standard hp2ps,
so either Sarah is using a newer version, or she found an alternative
way to plot them.)

-k