EMBOSS: abiview

Thomas Keller kellert at ohsu.edu
Tue Jan 14 23:31:35 UTC 2003

Greetings,
I'm a new EMBOSS user, so please be gentle.
I'm using my local installation on a Mac running OS 10.2.1.
"abiview":  four color plot is generated, but -window option allows
more bases, but how does one view for example bases 200-250?
My home directory .embossrc file looks like this:
# EMBOSS configuration file for kellert
set emboss_acdroot /usr/local/biotools/share/EMBOSS/acd
set emboss_database_dir /usr/local/biotools/data/dbs

I source a file containing the following env variables when I launch a
terminal or xterm window:
set path=(/usr/local/biotools/bin $path)
setenv MANPATH ${MANPATH}:/usr/local/biotools/man
setenv WISECONFIGDIR /usr/local/biotools/wisecfg/
setenv EMBOSS_ACDROOT /usr/local/biotools/share/EMBOSS/acd
setenv EMBOSS_DATA /usr/local/biotools/share/EMBOSS/data
setenv PLPLOT_LIB /usr/local/biotools/share/EMBOSS

Thanks,
Tom K.

Thomas J. Keller, Ph.D.
Oregon Health & Science University