[DAS2] [DAS] [Fwd: Re: Writeback implementation]

Andy Jenkinson andy.jenkinson at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Oct 30 14:24:54 UTC 2008

Gustavo Salazar wrote:
> Now that all of you points about the URI field, i have notice that in
> the Asia's implementation the attributes of the FEATURE tag have changed
> in relation of the examples in the published protocol(
> http://biodas.org/documents/das2/das2_writeback.html), and for example
> there is not a uri attribute and is replaced by featureid, the example
> for the tag FEATURE in her document is:
>
> <FEATURE featureid="ADCK2" featuretype="exon" method="experiment">

I would have expected the <FEATURE> structure to be the same as the
features command, could a DAS/2 person comment on the difference?

So long as the data relationships are the same I guess it doesn't matter
(i.e. one type, which has an ID, a category and label; one method...).
But does it?

One difference I have noticed between DAS and DAS/2 is that in the
latter a method is an attribute of a type rather than a feature - this
means you can't have two features, both of type SNP, identified by
different methods... I believe it's implemented this way in the DAS
types command too, and I'm planning to remove it from the spec.

> I have also notice that for properties in that implementation is used a
> tag <PROPERTY> but Gregg used <PROP> in his example

This changed at some point - I believe PROP is correct.