[DAS2] dasypus status

Andrew Dalke dalke at dalkescientific.com
Thu May 26 18:29:32 UTC 2005

The major client architecture is complete.  Finally.
It's all in CVS.

I started work on updating the spec based on the changes
in the bug tracking system, previous discussion, and my
experience in implementing the client.  I noticed that
there was no real introduction or overview section so
I started writing that.

I would like to merge all of the docs into one.  The current
split is hard to read because:
   - one is for the general protocol
   - one is for GET
   - one is for writeback
   - nothing is for general overview/concepts.

Keeping it as 3 or 4 pages makes it hard to read, and hard
to search.

I've started working on the validator proper but it's
on hold.  Here are some of the warnings generated so
far against the prototype server

WARNING: Adding X-DAS-Server header 'gmod/0.0'

The prototype doesn't mention the DAS server used.  I stick one
in based on the host name.

ERROR: Unknown content-type 'text/x-das-source+xml' for service
'sources'

That should be "text/x-das-sources+xml"

WARNING: Fixing DAS namespace {http://www.biodas.org/ns/das/2.00};
should be {http://www.biodas.org/ns/das/genome/2.00}

WARNING: Fixing base of http://das.biopackages.net:0/das; should be
http://das.biopackages.net/das/genome/

ERROR: Unknown content-type 'text/x-das-source-details+xml' for service
'detailed_source'

That should be "text/x-das-version+xml", I think.

WARNING: VERSION tag not closed

There's a bug in the generated XML.  Dasypus fixes it.

					Andrew
					dalke at dalkescientific.com