[DAS2] DAS/2 grant year 1 progress report, regular DAS2 meetings

Helt,Gregg Gregg_Helt at affymetrix.com
Thu Mar 31 23:19:01 UTC 2005

As most of you know I'm submitting a progress report this week for year
1 of the DAS/2 grant.  I'm attaching the text part of the report.
Thanks to everyone who contributed summaries of the various ongoing
work, pretty much all of it was incorporated in the report.

Way back in September I proposed having semi-regular conference calls to
coordinate work on the grant, especially regarding evolution of the
DAS/2 spec.  But I never followed through.  Until now.  How do people
feel about a monthly conference call, starting as early as next week?
What days/times work well for people?  I think the first item on the
agenda would be review and feedback on current state of the retrieval
part of the spec.  Then discussion on the writeback protocol.

Also, here at Affymetrix we're currently holding a weekly combined DAS2
/ IGB meeting.  This started out being just the Affymetrix DAS2 / IGB
team (me, Ed, and Steve), but has grown since then to include Alan,
Andrew, and Ann joining in by teleconference.  I'd like to think of it
as more of an implementation-oriented, status report kind of meeting.
Anyone else involved in the DAS2 grant who is interested in
implementation details is welcome to join in.  Thursdays 11:30-12:30
Pacific time, phone number 800-531-3250 (international: 303-928-2693),
conference id 2879055.

            thanks,
            gregg