[Bosc-announce] BOSC 2016 is fast approaching!

Nomi Harris nlharris at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 05:50:46 UTC 2016

Hi all,

BOSC is only three weeks away!

Online registration (https://www.iscb.org/ismb2016-registration <https://www.iscb.org/ismb2016-registration>) closes next Thursday; after that, you will be able to register onsite starting July 7. (BOSC is July 8-9.)

The schedule, including the Late-Breaking Lightning Talks, is up at https://www.open-bio.org/wiki/BOSC_2016_Schedule <https://www.open-bio.org/wiki/BOSC_2016_Schedule>. (The complete program, including all the talk and poster abstracts, will be posted soon.)

We have saved a few poster spots for walk-in posters. To secure one of those spots, you need to send us your abstract at bosc at open-bio.org and await approval. As for all BOSC talks and posters, any software representing the central topic in your poster must be licensed with a recognized Open Source License, and be freely available for download in source code form.

The 7th annual OpenBio Codefest (a pre-BOSC hackathon) takes place July 6-7 in Orlando at FamiLAB. It is FREE and open to all (even if you're not attending BOSC)—see https://www.open-bio.org/wiki/Codefest_2016 <https://www.open-bio.org/wiki/Codefest_2016> for details and to sign up. If you can’t make it to Orlando for Codefest, you can participate remotely.

We thank Curoverse (the team behind the open source platform Arvados) as returning sponsors.

We gratefully accept sponsorships from relevant private companies. These sponsorships enable us to offer free registration to some BOSC speakers to lower the financial barrier of their attendance. If you would like to be a sponsor of BOSC, please contact us at bosc at open-bio.org.

We hope to see many of you in Orlando!

	Nomi Harris and Peter Cock
	Co-Chairs, BOSC 2016