[BioSQL-l] update ontology

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Nov 25 21:39:39 UTC 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 9:58 PM, De souza, Robson (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [F]
<desouza at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov> wrote:

> - How do I represent protein domains in BioSQL?
> I was thinking of writing code to add domains as bioentries and the use
> bioentry_relationship to associate sequence and domain but I would also
> like to store the coordinates of each domain in a protein, which would
> imply associating bioentries with seqfeatures. Does any of you has
> another suggestion in this direction?

I would do what Biopython/BioPerl/Bio* would do on loading
a GenPept file into BioSQL - have a bioentry for each protein,
with its amino acid sequence, and for each domain a seqfeature
entry (which records the location within the parent protein).

Peter