[BioSQL-l] update ontology

De souza, Robson (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [F] desouza at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
Thu Nov 19 21:58:45 UTC 2009

Hi guys,

I'm trying to use a BioSQL database to store some protein annotation and
need to know a few things:

- First thing: I want to be able to update the ontologies we are working
on  automatically but I failed to make bp_load_ontology.pl to make it.
What I want is to replace any changed terms and their relationships for
new ones without losing the association between unmodified terms and the
annotated proteins. I still don't know what an scriptlet for --mergeobjs
should look like or whether such scriplet is the way to go in this case

- How do I represent protein domains in BioSQL?
I was thinking of writing code to add domains as bioentries and the use
bioentry_relationship to associate sequence and domain but I would also
like to store the coordinates of each domain in a protein, which would
imply associating bioentries with seqfeatures. Does any of you has
another suggestion in this direction?

Thanks!
Robson