[BioSQL-l] Increasing value of rank in table seqfeature

Gabrielle Doan gabrielle_doan at gmx.net
Fri Aug 29 12:36:26 UTC 2008

Hi all,
I have a BioSQL database which contains several chromosomes and
features. And now I would like to insert chromosome 2 with some miRNA as
a new feature. I meet the problem that in the table seqfeature the entry
rank just can store smallint(5) unsigned values. As fare as I know each
rank has to be unique. If you want to store many information this value
will be excess quickly. Isn't it better to increase this value?

It would be very nice if someone could comment my suggestion. Thanks a lot.

Cheers,
Gabrielle