[BioSQL-l] Load seqfeature from biosql database with perl

Michael Cipriano mjcipriano at lbl.gov
Fri Feb 24 01:29:21 UTC 2006

Ah, I think I figured it out.

my $seqfeature_id = '401138';
my $adaptor = $seqdb_obj->get_object_adaptor("Bio::SeqFeatureI");

my $query = Bio::DB::Query::BioQuery->new(

-datacollections=>["Bio::SeqFeatureI t1"],
                                        -where => ["t1.Bio::SeqFeatureI
= ?"]);

my $qres = $adaptor->find_by_query($query,      -name=>'FIND FEATURE BY
SEQ',

-values=>[$seqfeature_id]);

while(my $loc = $qres->next_object())
{
        my $obj = $loc;

        print $obj->primary_key() . "\n";
        print 'location:' . $obj->location->to_FTstring() . "\n";
        $obj->add_tag_value("test", "moretest");
        foreach my $tag ($obj->get_all_tags())
        {
                print " Values for tag $tag: ";
                print join(' ',$obj->get_tag_values($tag));
                print "\n";
        }

}

This seems to work