[BioSQL-l] Load seqfeature from biosql database with perl

Michael Cipriano mjcipriano at lbl.gov
Thu Feb 23 00:58:45 UTC 2006

Hello BioSQLers,

I have a simple question (I hope), Can I easily load a seqfeature from a
biosql database into a perl Bio::SeqFeatureI object?  I have the
database value for the  seqfeature.seqfeature_id and would like to load
it using this alone.

I do not want to have to load the whole bioentry object then search for
the feature, I just want the feature object since the bioentry is a
whole genome and loading that will take more time then necessary.

I have searched the documentation and have even tried looking through
the code for the modules, but could not find an easy fast method.

Please reply directly to me as well as the list as I am not a list
member.

Thanks for your help,

Michael Cipriano