[BioSQL-l] load_ontology.pl Problem

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gnf.org
Wed Apr 28 13:28:30 EDT 2004

Elastin has probably been obsoleted. My guess is that you don't have a
term with ID GO:0001529, but you do have a term with name 'elastin' in
the Gene Ontology, which is probably not obsoleted.

Obsolete terms need to be dealt with in some way in biosql, and you
need to choose which way. Check out the load_ontology.pl POD where it
talks about the options for obsolete terms. Also, depending on whether
you want obsolete terms in the database (there are reasons for possibly
wanting this, if that sounds strange) you may need to expand the unique
key constraint on the term table to include the is_obsolete column.
Check out the schema DDL, there is a commented out inclusion of that
column documented.

BTW for GO upload to work properly you need to use the latest cvs
snapshot from the 1.4 branch. I'm not aware that 1.4.1 has already been
released, but maybe I'm confusing this. At least I can't find the
release tag. As for bioperl-db, given the stack trace you are not using
0.1, but rather the post-Singapore version.

Hth,

	-hilmar

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org