[BioSQL-l] UK definition for seqfeature

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gnf.org
Mon Mar 17 19:59:15 EST 2003

There is currently a compound unique key defined on seqfeature
comprising of (bioentry_id,type_term_id,source_term_id,rank).

A while ago all but the first were nullable columns with the previously
known problems of different behaviour between RDBMSs. The situation is
much clearer defined now, as only source_term_id is left as nullable.

Can anyone name reasons why we should leave this column nullable? I.e.,
can people think of sensible use cases where you would not have a
source_tag for a feature?

I believe even in GFF source is mandatory ...

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org