[BioRuby] Fw: books to learn Ruby

Pjotr Prins pjotr.public14 at thebird.nl
Tue Feb 5 16:33:57 UTC 2013

On Tue, Feb 05, 2013 at 03:57:50PM +0100, Jan Aerts wrote:
> I learned Ruby by reading a part-comic book over a Christmas holiday: why's
> (poignant) guide to ruby. You can find it at
> http://mislav.uniqpath.com/poignant-guide/book/

= Ruby just came to me =

Ruby just came to me
Like a sweet lover
She fits me
Even when unfaithful
I long for her

Behaviour driven, predictable, short and sweet
My Ruby, Ruby, Ruby

Ruby is not perfect
And I am not on Rails
Her dynamic typing can bite
But I love her for her Smalltalk message passing OOP
And I love her for her functional programming

Behaviour driven, predictable, short and sweet
My Ruby, Ruby, Ruby

I always come back to Ruby
And now on the JVM
She dances with Java, Scala, Clojure and soon node.jar
Ruby is still faithful to me
Always domain specific