[BioRuby] [GSoC] weekly report #2

Artem Tarasov lomereiter at googlemail.com
Sun May 27 18:27:43 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I wrote a blog post about the past week:
http://lomereiter.wordpress.com/2012/05/27/gsoc-weekly-report-2/

Topics are:
1) I have quite good validation module for BAM now. More kinds of checks
can be added, just request them :)
2) Also I started to implement random access via BAI file, just because I
mostly finished what I planned for the first two weeks, and random access
seems to be one of the most important things.

Also it's not mentioned in the blog, but I started to work on BGZF gem, as
Pjotr suggested to me. I'll try to document it and publish the first
version next week. Currently I write it in pure Ruby.