[BioRuby] A question for BioRuby newbies

Mic mictadlo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 22:38:08 UTC 2012

Hi all,
It would be great if BioRuby/Ruby would have:
* a good BAM/tabix/vcf support
* a gff3 support which doesn't read the whole file in the memory see
http://biopython.org/wiki/GFF_Parsing#Limiting_to_features_of_interest
* http://www.scipy.org/
* a powerful chart library like http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/
* http://networkx.lanl.gov/

Maybe Google Summer of Code 2012 could help.