[BioRuby] A question for BioRuby newbies

Raoul Bonnal bonnal at ingm.org
Thu Feb 9 09:04:22 UTC 2012

Hi Mic,

On 08/02/12 23.38, "Mic" <mictadlo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> It would be great if BioRuby/Ruby would have:
> * a good BAM/tabix/vcf support
About BAM: https://rubygems.org/gems/bio-samtools but any suggestion
contribute or idea is more than welcome

> * http://www.scipy.org/
> * a powerful chart library like http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/
https://github.com/SciRuby/sciruby
The developers are very active and some of them are working in
bioinformatics, but they want to keep it separated from BioRuby because
SciRuby can be useful for other purposes other than bioinformatics.
There was a graphic library http://rubyvis.rubyforge.org/ (there was a GSoC
project bio-images) now called http://mbostock.github.com/d3/ and another
library which uses SVG is http://raphaeljs.com/

> * http://networkx.lanl.gov/