[BioRuby] logo & mailing list

Tomoaki NISHIYAMA tomoakin at kenroku.kanazawa-u.ac.jp
Wed Oct 27 11:50:46 UTC 2010

Hi,

> 	- I could not find a searchable mailing list archive?
> Is there a reason to not mirror the mailing list on Gmane or
> another service? (it can be read-only)

Perhaps just short of human resource to do that.
Current list archive is in fact indexed by google
and perhaps other search engines.
If you want to search the list, for example, "HMMER"
you can ask google like:
HMMER site:http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/bioruby

So, there is little incentive to setup a dedicated search system.
If you are not decided to search only that mailing list,
a simpler query like:
HMMER bioruby
works to search a broader information and usually returns
some good information if present.

Best wishes,
--
Tomoaki NISHIYAMA