[BioRuby] logo & mailing list

Yannick Wurm yannick.wurm at unil.ch
Sat Oct 30 06:03:56 UTC 2010

Dear Tomoaki-san,

thank you for your reply.
I think the problem with the google search is first that novice users (biologists that have never programmed before) are unlikely to know about google's "site:" feature. Second, navigating the thread hierarchy is not as user-friendly in the pipermail archives as on a dedicated service.

This is why when I need something about bioconductor, I systematically go to the gmane bioconductor mirror (http://news.gmane.org/gmane.science.biology.informatics.conductor ).

Having bioruby archived on GMANE would only require filling out the following form: http://gmane.org/subscribe.php .
I am happy to set it up if nobody is opposed. (FYI, all email addresses remain hidden in obfuscated images)

Thanks & all the best,
yannick

          yannick . wurm @ unil . ch
Ant Genomics, Ecology & Evolution @ Lausanne