[BioRuby] Google Summer of Code Intro: PhyloXML support in BioRuby

Diana Jaunzeikare rozziite at gmail.com
Fri May 1 01:37:07 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I would like to introduce myself. My name is Diana and I have been accepted
for Google Summer of Code to implement PhyloXML support for BioRuby. I am a
junior at Smith College double majoring in Computer Science and Math. I am
interested in Bioinformatics, especially protein structure based
phylogenetics.

Here is the project abstract:

===
Phylogenetic trees are used in important applications, including
phylogenomics, phylogeography, gene function prediction, cladistics and the
study of molecular evolution. In order to foster successful analysis,
exchange, storage and reuse of phylogenetic trees and associated data, the
phyloXML format was developed. It can store all necessary information about
the phylogenetic tree, like clade, sequence, name and distance. The goal of
this project is to implement support for phyloXML in BioRuby.
===

Here is wiki:
https://www.nescent.org/wg_phyloinformatics/PhyloSoC:PhyloXML_support_in_BioRuby

Any comments are welcome!